Things, in general, move at a different pace here, about a walking around pace, except the traffic, which while not as heavy as it was in Hanoi has a speed and quality to it with all the cars, buses and motos. We have been advised not to take the motos which are everywhere and much cheaper than the buses and taxis. One of the staff here was recently involved in a moto-moto crash and 3 out of 4 people were killed, with the staff member being the only one to survive.
I have been visiting the 3 hospitals in Kigali where HRH physicians are working. Everybody is extremely welcoming and looking for help. The patients are extremely complex and resources for diagnosis and treatment are quite limited. Ask Lisa for examples of the kinds of problems I have seen in the past couple of days.
So there are no street addresses in Kigali, everything is located close to something else or some land mark, like the wedding traffic circle, or the Embassy or the hospital.
If you want to mail something to me, send it to:
Dr. Jim Little
c/o CHAI (Clinton Health Access Initiative)- CHUB (Butare)
PO Box 402
Kigali, Rwanda
The best thing to do if you want to send something is to use DHL Express and send to Kigali. They will get it to me in Butare.
My Rwandan cell phone number is: +250 (0) 787 611 808
I have a US Google Voice number which is: 307-200-9733
but I haven't figured out how to get it so that is forwards to my Rwandan cell number, it is supposed to be able to do that. I will work on it.
I have been taking pictures and will try to post some more soon.
![]() |
| Dr. Cliff O'Callahan with baby on the ward |
![]() |
| waiting, waiting |
![]() |
| I'm not sure what he was listening to but he was swinging |
![]() |
| Sunrise from the hotel on election day |




No comments:
Post a Comment